Random (day after ) Thursday
1. Last Friday I took Slaten out on a date. Just the two of us. We went to Chick Fil A and then bowling. Did anyone else know that they can decide who gets bumpers and who doesn't now? So this gal didn't get to use the bumpers like I was hoping for... Yes, I was beat by a 4 year old. 79-69. He rubbed it in my face for several days. Never. taking. him. bowling. again.
2. I apparently can't handle Sweet Husband going out of town for work. It was only 2 nights, but every time I got off the phone with him I cried. I'm thinking he should never take a 3rd shift job. I also couldn't understand why he couldn't spend an hour on the phone with me. I mean I know he was working and all, but didn't he understand that I was at home alone with 2 children who could clearly smell my fear???
3. I went to my first bull riding event. Obviously, I'm not that "country". I couldn't handle it very well. Everyone else just watched on like it was normal for men to sit on top of very big animals who were clearly not pleased with this. I sat covering my mouth and cringing every time a cowboy fell off. I wanted to stand up and yell, "What's wrong with you people?!??? Can't you see this is dangerous!!!?" But I just sat with my mouth wide open and looked back and forth from the excited crowd to the young men getting run over by ferocious bulls. A sport I'll never understand.
4. You know those days when you're trying to get you and your kids ready by yourself and your youngest finds a can of paint that isn't closed all the way and he throws it at your kitchen curtains, all down the wall, and onto the floor? Yes, we had one of those mornings on Sunday.
5. Or how about those walmart trips where your youngest breaks 3 pie crusts, throws things out of your buggy 4 times, and then plunges to the floor (unharmed, but in front of witnesses)? Yeah, we had one of those mornings too.
6. I had to use a coupon this morning for a prescription and I had to apologize for the suspicious looking stains all over it. I quickly told her it was just juice, but it really resembled blood. She eyed me for a little while....
7. Nutella on coconut bar cookies and you're welcome.
8. Slaten thinks the girl on the Grinch is, in his words, " As cute as she can be"... he was talking about the cartoon one.
9. My brother sent our Wii back because it was messing up just 3 weeks after we got it. They fixed it and sent it back. My brother called to tell me they found the problem. Apparently someone thought it was a gumball machine. They taped the penny to the box...
10. Did anyone else forget how delicious pizza rolls are? Because I did. I have had them for 3 meals this week... Thank you Totinos for reminding me just how awesome you really are.