Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Things you should know

So it was pointed out to me last night via text that I have become quite the slacker with my blog postings. I won't name names because she really didn't call me a slacker at all! I did. She made me feel super good because she told me she really enjoys the useless things I have to say (again my words not hers). But she knows who she is and I just wanted to give her a shout out and say Thanks! Thank you for reading my useless words and finding me mildly entertaining. You really did make my night :)


I like random facts. I like finding out things about people that are really of little importance and I like laughing at them behind their backs... haha just kidding, just kidding. I like to find out their fears, what makes them happy, favorites.. just all the random stuff. So in my head I assume you all care about my randoms so I'm going to tell them to you. If you don't care then apparently this is your first time reading my blog because I'm full of random. Moving on....

I am deathly afraid of lightning. To the point if we have to run from the car to the house I will leave my children in the car and run as fast as I can inside and let Sweet Husband get them out on his own. Kate, why are you so scared you might ask. Well let me tell you. My cousin was struck by lightning through the water facet in my grandparents old house and my sister in law's cousin was almost struck by lightning too. (Don't worry they are both still kicking to this day). So it all seems a little too close to home and things happen in 3's so I just know I'm next.

Ekkk isn't that scary?!?!

I am also very afraid of fireworks. Sure they're pretty and I like them... when I'm inside a house looking through a window while hiding behind a very large piece of furniture. I don't know where this fear stemmed from, but I do know that I will be the one to be hit in the face by a random firework if it were to happen.

I'm really freaked out by hair. Not if it's connected to some one's head, but if there is a stray hair floating around I kind of want to throw up. My sister in law knows this and she use to torture me by putting stray hairs on me when I wasn't looking. She'd laugh, I'd cry. It was all fun.

I have never had a cavity. Unless I have one now and I don't realize it, but to my knowledge nope, never.

I have never broken a bone.. well maybe my pinkie toe, but that doesn't really count because it's little and hardly a bone.

I like to keep my nails short. Long nails might actually go under the "freak me out" column. Something about them being able to scratch my eyes out... I don't know.

I can't do the "come here" motion with my right pointer finger. It pops to the side and would more accurately be the "come to your right and then to me" motion.



I have a tattoo on my lower back of a moon with a halo over it. Don't ask me why. I don't know. I thought it was cute and I was obsessed with moons at the time. I told you when I get obsessed it's hard core. I forget it's there until someone points it out to me. It use to be bigger, but then it shrank. Or I got bigger, but I'm going to go with it shrank.

I miss my nose ring. I took it out for a job and it grew up before I got home that afternoon. However, I don't miss yanking it out with my towel by accident. Ouch.

My favorite chips are Sour Cream and Cheddar.

I don't like the way sour cream and cheddar chips make my breath smell.

If it weren't weird I would wear aprons out and about because I think they are adorable and one day I'm going to wear pearls and an apron all day and pretend I'm June Cleaver. I will also say things like "Golly Gee Whiz".



I don't wash my face everyday and I NEVER take my makeup off before bed.

Sometimes I pretend I have to go to the bathroom just so I can go shut the door and read and not have someone in my face at all times. I think Sweet Husband might be on to me though..

Fran Drescher makes me mad. When The Nanny comes on I instantly get in a bad mood and I usually don't realize why I'm mad until I look at the TV.


Just looking at this makes my blood start to boil. Grrr.

I think Pink's "Raise your glass song" is really stupid. It also makes me mad.

One of my all time favorite songs is "Fade to Black" by the Rolling Stones. Also on my favorite songs list "The Year 2000" by Silverchair.

I think that Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison were both very beautiful. Apparently I like the long hair, unshowered look. (Sweet Husband use to have long hair *sigh* so pretty).


Beautiful

I don't like to wear the color Pink. I think it's too girly and I feel very self conscious if I ever do wear it. Isn't that strange?

I also would not wear red as a blonde. Now that I'm brunette I'm more open to the idea.

My favorite movie of all time is Willy Wonka and I annoy my kids by quoting the whole thing. Charlie Bucket's hair annoys me though.

Funny hair

SO there are some random facts you probably didn't know about me. Don't you feel like you know me so much better now?!? ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha you are hilarious Katie. I second the fact that you should definitely blog more. They are too funny. I can't always comment on them here at work, but I read them all. Also as I was sitting here reading this I found myself using my right pointer finger to make sure I could do the "come here" motion and mine pops to the right too! I literally laughed out loud in my office. :) Oh and p.s. I have my nose pierced too and I have many times yanked it out with a towel and Golly Gee Whiz it hurts!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, long greasy hair........ as long as it's attached.

    LOL. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Thanks Jess!! I love that your pointer finger pops too... It makes me feel not so weird :)

    Oh yes the hair can be greasy if on the head. As soon as it falls out GAG. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete