Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good Luck Surviving Here

Here is something you may not know about me.  I love plants, but always kill them and I love pets, but I never take care of them. Thankfully I'm much better with our children. Here is how most of our "pet" conversations go:

I really, really want a bunny.

Not a chance.

But why?! They're so cute and you can get a rescued one that is liter box trained.

Are you going to empty it's liter box?

Of course.

I mean change it every time, not just the first week we have it.

....yes?

No, you can't have a bunny.

But whhhyyy?

Because I don't want a pet bunny and I would be the one to have to pet, feed, and clean up after it.

But they poop little balls. Super easy to clean up.

No.

Siigghhh.

He knows me too well. We have 2 dogs and 1 fish. I refuse to go outside and feed the dogs. I'll glady throw them scraps now and then, but I won't get the dog food or water their bowls. I will however feed the fish! I do that every night. But I won't clean out his bowl. I let Sweet Husband do that.

So here's what I'm wondering. What are the chances of me talking him into setting up the big fish tank in Cullen's room... It's 35 gallons and it's really cool looking. I really want to set it up because I found pirate accessories at the pet store today and that would be PERFECT for my little pirate's room. I have a feeling he's going to say no so I'm wondering if I should wait until I've fixed his favorite meal or maybe I'll let him go fishing and then be all, "Hey, since you love fish so much how about we set that tank up. I promise I'll take care of the fish." Which we all know I won't, but maybe it'll work, maybe.

Here's the list of animals he's vetoed:
Pygmy goat
Bird
Bunny
Pig
Lamb
Kitty
Sugar Glider
Baby Giraffe

He's such a fuddy duddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment