Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh Day, will you ever end?


Is this day over yet?

Tuesdays and Thursdays are Slaten's school days. You'd think I'd be use to that since he's been going for 2 months now, but alas I'm not. I set my alarm for 6:45 like every other night before school, but I proceeded to hit the snooze button 4 times which resulted in me waking up in a panic at 7:20. We have to be out the door at 7:50 at the latest. So the running began. I jumped out of bed and flung some clothes on. Then grabbed the kids and dressed them. Today was Farmer's Day at Slaten's school so I had to dress him in his plaid shirt, boots, and cowboy hat. I got him all dressed and started dressing Cullen and then Slaten started whining because his socks felt weird in his boots. So off the boots came and I had to adjust his socks to his liking and put them back on. Then I rushed to the kitchen to find a nutritious breakfast (i.e. fruit snacks and apple juice) and then we took some quick pictures on the porch and then we were off.

Slaten was very excited about Farmer's day. He kept saying, "I look good." "Yeehaw!"
Poor kid's shirt was so wrinkled... that was one of those things I intended to do this morning when I woke up on time... I'm sure his teachers judged me on that one. While in the car line at school Slaten yelled "Yeehaw" out the window every 5 minutes... like I said he was very excited. The other kids starting looking out their car windows like what in the world?!?  So I booted Cowboy farmer out of the car and then went to Walmart (I told you I go every Tuesday and Thursday). I got a couple of last minute Halloween things and of course my morning donut. Then me and Cully walked out to get into the car. I got little man all loaded in and opened my coke. Took a long gulp and reached for my donut while simultaneously cranking the car. Did I say cranking? I mean turning the key and nothing happening.... Yeah my battery died. SIGHHHH. I called my mommy because who else would I call when somethings gone wrong, and she sent someone from her work to come and rescue me. A very nice man named Buddy arrived and we spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to open the hood. Now I've had this car for the past 3 years. You'd think I'd know how to pop the hood sheesh. We finally got it open and he jumped me off. I made it down to advance where they told me I had a bad battery and then jumped me off so I could make it to my daddy's so he could investigate. Needless to say I am now the proud owner of a new car battery...

Then on the way home both boys fell asleep. One would think that is a good thing, but you think wrong. When the boys fall asleep in the car mommy time ceases to exist. I got us home and put Slaten in his bed. Cully woke up so I spent 20 minutes getting him back to sleep. Then about 15 minutes later Slaten came knocking at my door, "Mommy it's me, Slaten." SIGHHHH. So here we are. All in my bed. Cully's half asleep, I'm typing while laying down/nursing, and Slaten's laying here kicking me in the back while asking every 3 minutes if we can go in the living room and watch Caillou...

So now my mommy time will have to wait until sweet husband gets home because I plan on taking a loonngg hot shower where I may or may not end up sitting in the bottom of the shower and taking a nap. Oh well tomorrow is another day!





No comments:

Post a Comment