Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Here it is!

Well here it is folks! What you've all been waiting for.... okay so maybe it's not that exciting, but I jumped on the Blog bandwagon!!!

There are so many things that I want to remember and share with others so I figured this would be the best way to do that. So let me begin with telling you a little about the Hinds Clan.

Let's start with the head of our household, Matthew. I met my handsome husband at the tender age of 4. It was love at first sight.. okay well maybe not love, but I sure did think he was cute. He was 8 years old at the time and he and his brother were good friends with my brother. They took karate together and that is where it all began. In those years we spent our time sliding down stairs in sleeping bags. Oh to be young again. They thought I was annoying and I thought they were the bomb (yeah I just said the bomb, what?). Fast forward to the teenage years. His mother ran into my mom at the grocery store. She mentioned that she thought Matthew and I would be perfect for each other. My mom was kind of like uh.... he's 17 she's 13.. that's a bit like robbing the cradle eh? I thought he was oh so dreamy, but to him I was just a little kid. Two years later we met up at a party and spent the night talking and laying under the stars. It was perfect. Then he NEVER called!! So I wasted a couple of years with someone else and he spent time hanging out with friends. We met up again when I was 16 (and taken), he tried to ask me out, but I shot him down since I was distracted with something else. He still stuck in the back of my mind. The next year he heard that I had broken things off with said distraction and decided to call and ask me out. We went to a 3 door down concert on April 19, 2003 and have been together ever since.

On June 24, 2003 Matthew and I drove his 4x4 Toyota Tacoma out in the woods and watched the sunset. That's when he asked me to be his wife. Okay I know what you're thinking.. rednecks, but hey we live in Alabama for goodness sake! We enjoyed mud ridin'.
I was 17 and madly in love so I said YES! We planned our wedding and got hitched June 26, 2004 in a beautiful ceremony at The Tutwiler Hotel. We honeymooned in Riveria Maya, Mexico and had a blast!

After a couple of years of marriage we decided it was time to expand the Hinds family. Shortly after our 3rd year of marriage we welcomed our first son Slaten Robert Hinds on July 5, 2007. He was perfect!

Slaten... Slaten, Slaten, Slaten. Where do I begin? That 3 year old has more personality in his pinkie finger than most adults. He amazes me everyday with how bright he is. I should make him his own blog and call is Slatenisms... you will read quite a bit of those on here. I never knew how much love I was capable of until I gave birth to that beautiful 6 lb 2 oz bundle of baby. He is in preschool this year and absolutely loves it. His favorite things are hotwheel cars, mustangs, and motorcycles. He can say his ABC's, count to 15, and knows all his colors. He can count items in his head and that just amazes me. Okay I'll quit bragging.... for now ;)

After a while we decided we wanted to add another to mix... what were we thinking?!? Ha just kidding.. sort of. We really thought it would take longer to get pregnant. I have no reason behind that logic, just assumed it would. Well it didn't! One week of trying and boom I was baking a loaf of baby. I had a difficult pregnancy with him. He wanted to come a little early. So we had to slow down my labor starting at 28 weeks. Finally at 37 weeks I was able to quit my meds and 3 days later my sweet little Cullen was born. We weren't ready for him... still aren't.. Yeah he's 10 months old.... Oh well maybe we'll be ready one day haha.

December 18, 2009 my sweet little Cullen Reed Hinds was born. He was a HUGE baby. All 6 lbs of him. He was the cutest newborn I had ever seen and no I'm not bias. Cullen is my little sweetums. He loves his momma more than anything in this world and I intend to keep it that way until he's 45.. then he might can get married.. if I approve. He's over 20 lbs now and quite short. He's a chub chub. He is learning so many new things everyday. He took 6 steps today!! I probably should break out the camcorder. He has big blue eyes and a big toothless grin. He melts my heart. :)

Okay finally there is me..... The nut. I am 24 years old. I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mom. I LOVE it! I'm also a student. Well at the moment I'm taking a break, but I plan on getting back into it soon. I'm in school to become an Occupational Therapy Assistant. I really want to work with children with disabilities if the Lord wills.

So that's my family! I know I ramble and that my introduction was a little long so wipe the drool off your chin and throw back another coffee, you made it through my first blog!

1 comment: