Friday, May 20, 2011

Fluffy

I have always been a very confident person.
But, as a woman I think we all have days where we look at ourselves and go,
"What the heck happened?!?"

Last night was one of those nights for me.

I don't know what brought it out in me, but all of a sudden I just felt blah about myself. I know, I know I'm not fat, but when you look back at old pictures of yourself and there is no muffin top or saddle bags you can't help but feel a little put out. Thankfully Sweet Husband was there to hear me complain through all of my unhappiness.

I hate my body now.

Why? You look great!!

Your children ruined it! I have things that sag, body parts that are more fluffy now, look my nose is even bigger!

No, it's not. I still think you're beautiful.

Look how pale I am. I can see my veins through my skin. Do you see them?? Look you can see the blood pumping through. That can't be normal.

Then take the boys out in the yard during the day and wear your swimsuit and you'll get some sun while they play.

Yeah, and then I'll blind the people that drive by because the sun will reflect off of my skin. Then when they finally recover from that they'll see these thunder thighs and probably wreck into our mailbox because they'll be so busy staring, thinking, "Oh that poor woman."

You do realize that would never happen right?

You don't know! It could!

Are you seriously crying right now?

You don't understand!! Your body stayed the same throughout me having kids. It's not fair.

Well I think you are beautiful. And if you want to why don't you work out?

Because Sweet Husband, I hate working out. It takes effort and I don't like that.

*Cries into pillow some more*

 I'm so glad he puts up with my craziness. I think it takes a special man to be able to.
I woke up to this this morning. I love him.

I did 100 jumping jacks this morning... progress my friends, progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment