Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Woe is Me

So apparently stress makes my eye twitch.
By the way I'm typing this from the inside of my closet.
Why? You ask. Because my child is currently throwing the world's largest temper tantrum in his room and I don't want to hear it.

Our Corgi Lily needed to go to the vet for a check up today. I thought I'd be brilliant and go while Slaten was in school. It was a rookie mistake. Cullen (who by the way has been up since 5:30 this morning) didn't think the vet sounded like that great of an idea so he let me and everyone else there know. We waited in the waiting room for over 10 minutes and then the vet room for another 5 minutes during this time Cullen is exercising his lungs as loudly as he can and bucking his body with a surprising amount of force all the while I'm trying to comfort Lily because yes, my sweet girl you will be getting shots and they will poke you in the hiney with a q-tip. I finally gave up. I hooked Lily's leash to the stroller, tucked the kid under my arm ( still screaming I might add), put my backpack on, and pushed my stroller out to the lobby where I had to let them know I'd be back later when I didn't have "this thing" (lifted up the screaming toddler for all to see) with me. It felt like I had just admitted to not being able to control my own kid. This is something I had yet had to do. So I just want to say to all you women out there who say, "My kid will never do that in public." Yes, yes he will. And you too will do the walk of shame with a does of failure as your eye begins to twitch.

Then I made my way to the car feeling the biggest amount of embarrassment I have felt in a long time. Lily was scared of the stroller so she was backing away from me, screaming toddler was still screaming and bucking, and I was biting my lip to hold the tears of embarrassment in. Took me a few minutes to load everyone in and one angry vent text to my mom later, I was on my way home. One wasted trip. One morning ruined. One tired, overly sensitive, overly emotional mother. One screaming bucking toddler. One happy dog who thinks she got out of an unpleasant experience.

So I'm going to sit in my closet and enjoy the semi peace while my toddler screams and bucks in his crib to his little hearts content. Well until we have to leave in a few minutes to go pick up Slaten. Oy Vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment