Friday, July 29, 2011

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Waching Me

 Have you ever had someone follow you? Like in a horror movie you keep turning around only to see someone lurking in the shadows, so you quicken your pace and you suddenly hear their footsteps gaining ground on you? The hair on the back of your neck starts to stand up and beads of sweat start to form on your forehead. You quickly break out into a run, sneaking quick glances over your shoulder, trying to breathe, but exhaustion suddenly starts to sink in and you realize you can't run as fast as you use to and suddenly you feel their presence and you realize you have to give in because you can't escape them..... Yeah, my kids are making me feel that way today too.

 I can not wait until the day I can sit down on the couch without having an extra 22 lbs + sitting on top of me. Apparently I have a very uncomfortable lap because the youngest feels the need to sit more on top of my stomach. Which is rather unpleasant when you've just finished a very appetizing meal from Taco Bell. No matter how many times I adjust him he moves further and further making my dinner move further and further up into my esophagus. He also seems to be against me using the computer, lying down, or reading a book. Anytime I pick up the laptop here he comes. If I lay down he bounces on my stomach. If I pick up a book he rips out the pages giving a warrior like baby yell. Right now I am hiding in the closet, typing as quietly as possible so not to be found. My thighs are tired of being pinched and I just drank a very large Mello Yello and well we know what happens when you drink too much and someone sits on you. No, we don't all know what happens? Hah.. nervous laugh....Yeah me neither....

 Don't get me wrong. I love that my baby is a momma's boy. Most of the time. But it would be nice to have the occasional quiet bathroom break without someone crying like I've abandoned them or to be able to shower alone without being scalded when his little hands find the hot water knob, which then results in me using my body as a shield so that none of the fire water touches his precious little skin. Or to eat a meal at a restaurant without having to place a napkin on his head as to not drip soup down his hair. And lately it would be nice to be able to sleep without having someone rolling on top of my head and biting my ear.. oh wait I was talking about the children wasn't I? I guess until they're old enough to understand mommy isn't a jungle gym I will just have to take my vacations to the closet where I can enjoy a little peace and quiet until someone needs a sippy cup refilled...


6 comments:

  1. hahahaha, this made me laugh! I am right there with you! I keep telling myself I'll miss it when it's over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami, I tell myself that every single day and then some days the little voice in my head says, "Oh no I won't!!" Hahah. Seriously though I wouldn't trade it for the world. I will miss when they don't want to sit in my lap anymore. Maybe won't miss the group showers so much.....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me laugh too..love your words! each day with them is such a gift, but I think we ALL understand about taking a shower alone, or whatever it may be that we have sacrificed as mamas. :) love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! We are all very blessed that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Slaten has "spend the night with Honey night," I feel like there are ten other people in the bed with us. Between his baby Reuben and Nanook and his dragon and his bear and his itty bitty bunny, it can get a bit cramped. He'll say, "Look Honey, I made some room for you"...all of about 10 inches. Sorry bud, Honey's wee bit wider than that! Love my little grand boys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, he can be quite the bed hog. I'm convinced I would have been able to get Cullen to sleep in a little later this morning, but Slaten started doing his floppy moves and kicked Cullen in the face. Luckily he's sleeping all night in his bed so we only have to deal with it for a few hours or I'd never sleep.

    ReplyDelete