Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Baby is cold..err..slighty chilly and rainy outside.

It's the most stressful time of the yeearrrr. That's what I keep singing anyway.

So Thanksgiving was pretty warm.. something about being able to wear flip flops while stuffing my face with a Thanksgiving feast just doesn't feel right. I think our air conditioner turned on 3 times while we were celebrating with family. Got to love Alabama weather. Thankfully it cooled off the next day. In time to put up some Christmas decor.

I'm so undecided about what to do about our Christmas tree this year. We could be moving into the "Cottage of Funk" before Christmas so I don't really want to take it down and put it back up, but am I just being a Grinch if I deny my children the privilege of seeing a lit tree every evening until Christmas??? Maybe if I had one of them fancy pre-lit trees it would be easier, but we have an old fashion put the lights on yourself kind of tree.. I'm so behind the times. (That was said in my best redneck accent).

Next weekend is Cully's 1st Birthday party... I can't believe it!! In just over two weeks I will have a one year old *tear*. I have so many mixed emotions about him growing up. So I've decided to do all these "projects" for the party.. what was I thinking? Usually what happens is I end up stressing myself out over little things that people probably won't even notice. Like last night I was making a birthday banner and I ended up gluing the wrong color letter to the wrong color background and I about came unglued. (no pun intended.. or is there?) Usually I end up throwing something when things don't go like I need them to. I think I get it honest (mom remember the first wedding cake you made me... haha). So I slammed some things around and then went and sat on the couch and pouted. Now before you judge please note that I am sick so things are intensified for me at the moment.

I'm not a very good sick person. I get kind of mean when I'm sick. Sweet husband would tell you I'm always mean, but don't listen to him. I don't like to be touched, I prefer to stay in bed, and I don't like to take a lot of medicine. Sweet husband likes to be close and have someone take care of him when he's sick so we're pretty opposite when it comes to that. He swears by Apple Cider Vinegar... have any of you ever tried apple cider vinegar?? Gag me with a spoon! I tried it one time and almost threw up everywhere so I refuse to do it again. SO I'm not aloud to complain about feeling bad because Sweet Husband will only try to shovel spoon fulls of nasty down my throat. Since I still nurse little chub chub I have to be careful what kinds of medicines I take so usually I just suffer through feeling bad and try not to cough on the children.

Well this rain is making me rather sleepy so I think it's time to go relax and watch a little Barney....yay....



No comments:

Post a Comment