Tuesday, November 16, 2010

But Why???

I love that my 3 year old has such an inquisitive mind.. I really do..., but boy am I thankful to be out of the car now. After being in a car for an hour and a half with the boy with a million questions, I have a headache. Why is it that we rush our kids to say their first word? What are we thinking? Once they start they never stop. Here are some of the questions I was asked on our long car rides today. Keep in mind that "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer. (My answers are in blue).

"What is that tall sign?"
"That is the Cracker Barrel sign."
"The place where they have the big fries?"
"Yes."
"Why do they have big fries?"
"They just do."
"But why?"
SIGH

"What was that pink circle thing on that thing back there?"
"I have no idea what you're talking about."
"You know the pink circle thing back there."
"I still have no clue Slaten."
"The PINK CIRCLE THING!"
SIGH

"What is that smell?"
"It's the trees."
"What do they smell like?"
"They smell like trees."
"But what do the trees smell like??"
SIGH

He hurts my brain. He has a question about every single thing he comes in contact with and I LOVE that he is so curious, but I wish that I don't know would be an accepted answer. That would help me tremendously. Another thing about Slaten is he has an impeccable memory. He can remember things from when he was a baby and saw something one time. It's really kind of freaky...

About 6 months ago we were at my father in laws house and there were some pretty nasty storms out so we were watching the weather channel. Well the Cliffs of Dover song was playing in the background while they showed the weather. A couple of weeks ago Matthew was listening to that song on the computer and Slaten said, "Hey that's the song from the background of that bunder show." Bunder=thunder. Matthew and I just looked at him in amazement. How on earth did his little mind remember that small detail? He does stuff like that all the time. SO don't ever tell him something if you don't plan on following through with it. I made the mistake of mentioning that we might go to the Veteran's Day parade this year. I figured he would have forgotten so the next morning I decided we would skip it because it was so chilly. Nope, I was wrong. He remembered. He even remembered that they handed out flags with stripes the year before and he wanted one. He was 2 years old at the last one. How on earth could he remember that?!?

Kids are amazing! So Slaten is now napping and Cully is wide awake because he slept in the car so I am trying to entertain him while typing (not an easy feat). No quiet Mommy time today. You know what that means! Long, hot shower for mommy later.

Oh yeah I'm now an aunt (insert proud aunt smile here). Camden was born on Thursday and he is absolutely perfect! He was 8 lbs 10 oz and has a head FULL of hair. I can't wait to get my hands on him again in a couple of days. He and mommy are doing great!!



Sweet boys

Camden

I'm one proud aunt!

Cullen meeting his cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment