Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's Going to Get Me!

Oh my goodness do you hear that bunder??

Yes, it is pretty loud.

Is the lightning going to come through the house and get me?

No, don't worry the lightning is going to stay outside.

Is there going to be a tornado? Do we need to go to Honey's yet?

No, do you see those colors on the bottom of the weather channel. It says we're okay.

Will you sit by me and hold me? It's loud!

Katie, I think you need to get over this fear of lightning.



I absolutely love spring. I love to see the flowers blooming, hearing the birds chirping, green grass.... BUT I hate, hate, hate bad weather. It didn't use to bother me, but I guess since having kids I worry about things like trees falling on the house or cows flying through the window. I've seen twister... I know what happens. So I sat here jaw clenched, palms sweaty, ducking each time the lightning struck. Ugh I'm going to give my kids such anxiety about storms.

I think the news anchors like to hype up the weather only to up the sales on things like batteries, weather radios, and generators. Thankfully by bedtime all the bad weather was gone. So I was actually able to fall asleep last night instead of sitting up watching the news chewing on a strand of hair. Just kidding I totally don't chew on my hair... that's just gross.

Too bad the temp had to go way down when the storm came BOO. Now my stupid heater keeps cutting on and I'll look like a fool if I wear my flips flops out and about. So for now I'm going to sit under my warm blanket in my heated house and look out at the sun filled day because thankfully all the cows I can see remain on the ground at the moment and I'm going to revel in that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment