Monday, June 6, 2011

Crazy Lady

So I was going to do a post on how totally awesome our totally awesome Saturday was, but blogger is being suckish and won't post my pictures and my story of the day won't work without visual aid.. so I'll just tell you about the week leading up to
the totally awesome Saturday that was totally awesome.

 Apparently I turn really crazy when I'm planning an event with friends. I don't know what causes me to lose my mind. I think Sweet Husband would say it's one of the toughest times he has to put up with me in our marriage. Throughout the week I ran around cleaning, scrubbing, sewing, gluing, buying, crying, yelling, threatening... yeah all those things.  I said I was going to run away and I may have threatened to burn Sweet Husband's boat to the ground on more than one occasion. During times like this my head spins round and round and I spit pea soup on anyone who gets near me.

 Thankfully he stays with me... I mean he did say for better and for worse. I'm totally holding him to that. If I have to sit through infomercials about the Banjo Minnow he has to sit through fits of me laying on the ground screaming and flailing my arms and legs around like a 3 year old. It's a fair trade off if you ask me. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel like my house has to be perfectly clean when people come over. I doubt any of them checked to see that the fridge was wiped down. Or that the top of the TV in the bedroom was dusted to perfection the day before, but for me I feel better knowing in case I have one weirdo friend that checks they will see that it is white glove tested. Of course 5 minutes after our friends arrived toys were all over the floors, the kitchen was trashed with food and goodies, and Slaten's closet of mystery toys was open and on display for all the world to see. I'd post a picture of some of the mess, but like I said blogger= suckish today. I am thankful that I scrubbed the shower down since several families had to use it. Sorry our shower is so small... don't worry when we finish our master bath we'll make it big enough for 2 families to shower at the same time.. What is that not appropriate?

None of our friends complained about a mess so I guess it was all fine and I kept asking myself what it was causing me to freak out trying to get everything absolutely perfect. Everyone had a fantastic time. They didn't even notice the water spots from me using the sink that morning *whew*. We all took turns playing. We even let the kids play for  a minute or two. I think we only pushed them out of the way 5 or 6 times. Thankfully us "adults" refuse to grow up so we'll continue to have fun like we did on Saturday. We already have our next day in the works. Hopefully tomorrow I can post my post about our totally awesome day with pictures. Some of which are truly embarrassing so of course those will be posted so I can blackmail my friends... Just call us Peter Pan, cause we ain't never growin' up.

No comments:

Post a Comment